Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thank god for unlimited texting

Just the other day, I realized that it’s the best idea to have your family and close friends working with you on your new projects. It’s amazing how much you can get done by simply texting the question, "What do I do next?” 

I am so blessed to have the best and most knowledgable people around me, but as my Dad said years ago, this is the time you start collecting people you not only love and trust, but start collecting the people who know more than you do. And luckily for me, that’s who I’ve always gravitated towards. 

It's also interesting to me how savvy with telecommuting and technology we’ve all become. I just had the longest conversation with my sister in regards to the biz, and all via text message! I guess it shouldn’t surprise me, as in Manhattan most relationships all evolve over texting. Hardly anyone picks up the phone anymore.

I’m such a visual person that I need to see something written before I understand it completely. But text conferencing? It’s actually pretty cool….maybe when we grow big, we’ll all just have iphones and message each other to get things done. And what will our corporate culture be like? Why will people want to work with us? To be continued….

xo, eg

No comments:

Post a Comment