Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Coffee + Colors


There’s nothing better than a cup of coffee-cart coffee, a long walk in the city, and yards and yards of fabric.

Saturday morning, and it was fabric finding time! I make and design leather handbags, and the little bit of fabric we use is really just in the microfiber linings, and in our super-clever mesh care bags.

But seeing new colors, materials, and prints is more about finding new ideas and inspirations that we can translate into our leathers and our designs. And sometimes it's great to just be inspired and to look and see and touch. 



I’m not sure if I know any designers who don’t have a secret passion to create something other than what it is they get paid to do. I know belt designers who create their own paper goods, an old friend with an amazing knit clothing line who also designed denim by day. Another friend is an incredible footwear designer just starting out, but I swear, she could make anything she wanted by hand. 



So what was it that brought me to the fabric shop? Well….maybe you’ll see the next time you spot Ella g…..

xo, eg

No comments:

Post a Comment