Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pillows + books


I imagine lawyers wake up some mornings with giant law books in their beds and they can’t remember why or how that happened. Kind of like the morning-after-shame that they spent all Friday night with their copyright law books. It’s embarrassing. 

I totally know the feeling about waking up to volumes of text in my bed. It may be a bit too early in the relationship to be talking about these things, but let's see…A 650-page whopper on how to build a business. A Zagat's guide to shopping. A costing for profit book. (Which is one of my favs…there are these cartoon drawings which actually make math fun.) And I think honestly, I've rolled over a few pencils in there too.

But so many nights, like a lawyer, or a new mom, or just about anyone who needs 48 hours in one day, I find myself just way too exhausted. It’s a lot of work, this nurturing with love thing. But it's totally worth it in the end….without risk, how could there be any beauty in the reward? 

xo, eg

p.s. Let’s keep this bit about my bed a secret…

No comments:

Post a Comment