Monday, March 28, 2011

Dinner and drinks---on a pissbroke budget

Had drinks last night with a dear friend of mine who owns and runs his own company. Conversations with him are always enlightening, as we talk about leadership, running companies, being the boss, and how to make things work. It’s always refreshing for me to spend time with him because he’s always so calm, relaxed and in control of everything. And that gives me hope that someday I too will be calm, relaxed and in control of everything. But some days, it feels like that’s at least 20 years away. My highly successful friend said to me, in response to my outrage at the fact that I was now “pissbroke,” “ Nearly every budding entrepreneur, every start up, every person who acts on a dream, always says the same thing in the beginning. Everyone who does this is pissbroke.” I guess that’s why most people don’t do it. The financial risk and payout isn’t always worth it. But that’s why you have to believe it will work. Even if you are just simply pissbroke.

xo, ella g

No comments:

Post a Comment