Monday, March 21, 2011

Big photo shoot!

Loved today. Folding screen + posterboard background + fishing wire + my beautiful bags = one hysterical, fun process. And we got great pics too. 
We rented lights from a nearby electronics/film store, and thank god I have a sister who’s both an incredible photographer, as well as handy with lighting. The last time I did a photo shoot for our first soft launch, the guy asked for 800 bucks, took my bags for 5 days, and made them look nothing like how they did in person.

My goal this time was to make my handbags look real, limit how much it cost and be really involved in the process. I was so involved, that I now have bruises all over my body from climbing, hanging, and dangling. 
That’s the next challenge….make photo shoots easier! I live in a sixth floor walk-up, the lights were heavy, and my living room is only the size of a small minivan. So three giant film lights, the set up, the whole nine yards, was crazy. But I’m thankful it wasn’t summer – those lights get hot!
 
xo, ella g

No comments:

Post a Comment