Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pantones and color creation

Since we’re almost done with production for Fall, I’ve just now started to think about Spring 2012. I know, I’m really off schedule, and designing way too close in to the season. Not that that’s a bad thing, it’s actually a really good thing if you can keep it up as you get big and your orders get bigger. In any case, my incredible Istanbul trip has led me to think about color as a first priority. Instead of having to make an immediate choice, I started to sift through all the pantone books just pulling anything I loved. Unsurprisingly, I ended up with something like 50 colors! Surprisingly though, they are all pretty close in the same palette. And yes, very Istanbul-inspired….warm mustards, pale roses, azure blues, and cloudy neutrals…. I haven’t yet pinned it down to my top 25, and from there I’ll have to cut it down even further…. I guess I’m not ready to commit yet, but at least we’re moving in the right direction! Can’t wait for Spring 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment